I received this notice from Karen Kain with the information regarding the upcoming FREE Living Well With a Disability Conference and Expo coming to Lancaster, PA August 24th to the 25th. I got my tickets some time ago. Maybe we’ll see you there!
My name is Karen Kain and I am a Parent of a Unique Child who will be working and attending the Living Well With A Disability 2013 Expo. I wanted to let you know that there is a FREE event August 24 and 25, 2013 at the Lancaster Marriott and Lancaster County Convention Center. The hours are Sat. 11 am-5 pm & Sun. 11 am-4pm. You can find out more at http://www.LivingWellWithADisabilityExpo.org.
This is a FREE event and has every kind of support for families and individuals who are living with disabilities. You will see wheelchair dancing, adaptive sports, face painting, adaptive vans, Autism awareness, the latest computer technologies and much, much more.
• Meet & Greet with MANY celebrities and authors including: Tiphany Adams of Sundance Channel’s “Push Girls”, Christine Ha, winner of MasterChef 3rd Season, 4 Wheel City, Deborah Pierce, author of “The Accessible Home” and Barton and Megan Cutter, authors of “Ink in the Wheels, Stories to Make Love Roll”
• Art Demonstration
• Adaptive Dancing both days!
• Try adaptive sports: Wheelchair Basketball, Sled Hockey and Adaptive Martial Arts
• Transform your face at the face painters
• Learn how to work with assistance dogs
• Break out your dancing wheels
• Adaptive Gardening demonstrations
• Accessible Travel Hour
• Find out what horses can do for people with disabilities
This is a must attend event for parents living with Unique Children. I will be there all weekend. Join us for a very fun weekend and get inspired.
I hope to see you there!